Wednesday, July 15, 2009

baby chicks!!

We finally had baby chicks! I pulled into the driveway tonight and looked down the hill under the swing and saw all these little blurbs hopping around...I got so excited I jumped out of my car and raced to David (who was mowing in the front) that we had babies. I was afraid he wouldn't see them and mow 'em down in the backyard...yikes! So here they are in their big debut:

7 are hatched, 4 more are almost ready, and 6 were duds (they exploded at the lightest touch). I'll post more as the last 4 hatch!

4 comments:

  1. Leah and David This is such an awesome event!! Reminds me of the chickens we had as a little boy.I had a rooster named Napoleon. Good job!! Hope they all do well.
    Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, I want one! They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leah - I'm so happy for you and David and the little slice of heaven you are living in. We want to come back and visit - your place feels like a retreat...

    ReplyDelete
  4. David and Leah, These chicks are precious! I'll forward the blogspot on to Karla and Scott for their children to see!
    Congratulations!
    love you,
    Aunt Bobbie

    ReplyDelete

If you post as Anonymous please sign your name so I know who you are! Thanks for commenting :)