Sunday, July 26, 2009

*sweet dreams are made of this*

'i lie down and sleep in peace, for you, O Lord, make me dwell in safety'
psalm 4:8


The princess pooch in one of her multiple thrones.

This dresser was actually David's grandparents. When we were in middle school his family sold it and mine just happened to buy it...small world! It was a brown, sort of 70s color, so a while back Ashley and I painted it. I always loved the piece but hated the color of the wood and the funky designs on the doors. Now, I've got the best of both worlds...it's so functional!

I used napkin rings as curtain tie-backs.

(Almost) All of the jewelry frames completed. All I have left is the one on the bottom, it will be for bracelets but I've not quite figured out how to make it yet. The mirror was David's idea! It was black (Amanda, my sister-in-law, gave it to us when we first got married) and I painted it with the same paint used on the dresser two photos up.
Ok. Suggestions on what to hang above the bed? Its a big empty space, and I'd love to have something simple yet super creative. Let me know your ideas!
The bedroom was this crazy dark purple when we moved in...I can't really put into words just how purple this room was! The color we picked to paint is so beautiful, but it comes out much more twangy looking in the pictures (if a color can look twangy...).

So, there's the bedroom. It's mostly done, just a few finishing touches, like getting David a nightstand, getting a quilt and down comforter that actually fit (the only ones we have are only full size!), and one or two minor things. Overall, we love our new bedroom, and it makes for very peaceful sleeping.

2 comments:

  1. Leah and David, You all have done an incredible job!!! I am so proud of you. Can't wait to see it and the flowers. Love both of you. See you soon. Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...i am impressed at your jewerly displays! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

If you post as Anonymous please sign your name so I know who you are! Thanks for commenting :)