Tuesday, July 14, 2009

*roots*

*over the weekend mom and i took a short visit up to west jefferson and boone to spend some time at aunt bobbie and uncle steves cabin. it was really great to be able to walk around the towns where all of my family has so much of their history. i love hearing and learning about my ancestors and the childhoods of my parents, so this trip was really special. thanks to aunt bobbie and cousin phil for showing us a great time, opening their homes to us, and scootin us around giving me lots of history lessons! we loved our time there, and came back feeling rested and refreshed*


Do you see what I see?

The house where my Great-Grandparents lived, Poppy and Mommie Caudill. Mom spent several summers here during college, and all the girls were here a lot during their growing up years.



It's official: we're related.



The theatre where Papa worked when Aunt Bobbie and Aunt Vicki were little.

Cousin Phils Homeplace in West Jefferson.

This park is in honor of multiple members of my family, including Papa and Mama Two.

West Jefferson is the town two of my 4 aunts were born in, and where my family has a lot of roots.

Silly Cousins: Aunt Bob, Phil, Mom

Aunt Bobbie and Uncle Steve's cabin is called Jakola, for Jacob and Ola Caudill, my Great-Grandparents.

My beautiful Mama.

At the tree and monument in honor of my Great-Grandfather, Poppy Caudill.


1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you got to make a connection there. I know it was fun and amazing. Daddy

    ReplyDelete

If you post as Anonymous please sign your name so I know who you are! Thanks for commenting :)