Friday, October 2, 2009

Birthday Month (AKA: Longest Post Ever...)


So, if you know me at all you know that I LOVE to celebrate my Birthday (see how I even capitalize it? It's that special...). Everyone gives me a hard time because I refer to it as my Birthday Month, and I stretch it out as long as is humanly possible. When October 1st hits I get so sad because the month long extravaganza is officially over. This year, we celebrated all month as usual. Here are some highlights from the Birthday Month Extravaganza!


We decided to have a huge cookout at our new house. Our back yard is incredible with the stream, hammock, swings, barn, firepit, etc. Throw in some chickens and dogs and it's a party paradise. David and I (mostly David) worked so hard to get everything ready, and it ended up monsooning on us! We had the party anyways, and squeezed 25 people into our house...keyword being squeezed. We even did s'mores in the microwave, and it was fun despite the weather!

David and Toots can not WAIT for everyone to arrive:
Avery meets Toots:






Sawyer meets Avery:

Gabby had the kids playing with playdoh on the nice expensive down comforter...soultion? T.V. dinner trays of course...


Anika and her new best friend:


Poor Toots. I did try and prepare her though by letting her know that she was about to be squeezed, squished, snuggled, and terrorized for the next few hours. Here she is as the girls 'baby'. I think they were going to the 'store' for her some baby food at this point::

Finally, I sneaked Toots away from all the kids and let her stay in the bedroom. When I checked on her later this is how I found her...trying to recover:
Lauren Jean, Avery Jean, Heather Dawn & Toots McGee:


Sawyer played at the front door making everyone crack up for a very long time:

He and Salyssa really had fun at the door!

My childhood friends, Lauren, Heather and Brandy. I love that we're still hangin around each other :)

Cake #1:



Justin & Amber:

The Gossets! Our friends from Church:

Ruby partied a little too hard, I think:

Birthday Morning I went and visited Dad...we had cake #2 and it was special to spend time with just us, which we normally don't get to do. (Cake #3 was at Long's Staff Meeting. I think I had cake every 4 hours for 3 days straight...):

For Birthday Lunch I met Mama 2, Aunt Vicki & Mom at Shoney's...I wanted my OWN hot fudge cake! Normally we all share one, but it was my birthday month, and if I wanted to gain 62 pounds, by George, I was gonna!



Normally, I'm all about dressing up and going out for my Birthday Date with David. This year though, much to David's delight, I just wanted to stay home with a pizza and watch a movie in our big 43 acre bed. I ate almost an entire cheese pizza and fell asleep half way thru the movie...sheer perfection!!

Dad & Mom took me out to eat on Tuesday of the Birthday Week since David & I celebrated on Monday.



Jordyn Youse, Middle Schooler @ Long's and close personal pal :)


3 comments:

  1. great birthday month...all i can say is you are a blessed young woman!!!
    hows about an october fest month for more fun!!!love mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey ...where is your brother?mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are good pictures, I am glad you had a good time. Enjoyed looking especially Toots. She is growing. I love you
    Daddy

    ReplyDelete

If you post as Anonymous please sign your name so I know who you are! Thanks for commenting :)