Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Drive-By Reflections, Vol 2

The more I have to drive to and from our new home, the more I think to myself, 'How did I ever live in town for 3 years?!?'...I know it takes a little bit more time to get to and from town, but living in the country is just at the core of who I am...and I like that it takes me a while...sometimes, sadly, that's the only time of the day that I have to myself...completely to myself. I can think and dream and talk with my Creator. I can sing and belt out my thoughts and feelings in song or rant...or just be quiet. And I can see all of the things that my Love has painted there just for me, just to give me joy...like today? I'm constantly amazed at the contrast of my mountains...they are soft and rolling and gentle and soothing and inviting, and in the same range, they are sharp and jagged and shadowed and myseterious and a little foreboding. They bekon me to come explore their creeks and shadows, to touch the delicate leaves of the strong trees. They want me to come climb to the tops of their mighty shoulders and kiss the cheek of God...Then, Im looking to the left and to the right of the road, and hidden among the rolling hills all waving hello with the tallest of grasses, there are horses...beautiful, strong, majestic creatures, grazing and swishing their tails and just begging me to come ride bare-back through the mountains...And then I pass field after field thats been freshly tilled and spread with the 'good stuff' if you know what I mean (and I think you do...)...and to most it smells putrid and just looks like dirt but to me it smells like home and looks like new beginnings...and I adore it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you post as Anonymous please sign your name so I know who you are! Thanks for commenting :)