Sunday, November 29, 2009

*twinkle*


I made these garland pieces out of the extra branches from the tree...It brought back so many memories of growing up on a tree farm, watchin and helpin my Mama while she made wreaths and garland, helpin Dad load them all up to take to sell... Great childhood memories. David helped get them on the porch... 


 
Poor Toots McGee...she just didn't understand why she couldn't come help us and Ruby put up all the decorations! She meowed and meowed at the door all night...
 
 
David had put all the lights up this afternoon, but we were one strand short. By the time we got home from the grand Tree Lighting at church, we were too excited to wait till tomorrow, so David whipped out his handy dandy head lamp and climbed back on the roof to finish the job...
 
Growing up, we had a ginormous tree outside that we always decorated with blue lights. It's a tradition that I've really missed, and when we were looking at houses to buy, these two trees were a huge sentimental seller for me. They actually turned out to be gifts from my parents to the previous owners to the house from years ago. We couldn't wait to try out some blue lights of our own!
 
David really did a great job hanging the icicles!!
We are so tickled with how it all turned out!!
 


3 comments:

  1. Leah and David,
    Wow!! Your home looks like a winter wonderland! I do miss our beautiful farm Christmas's with all the fresh trees and the garlands. Leah you have inheroted the gift of making beautiful garland arrangements and I am grateful to our Lord you have that for you I live on in you and never forget that! David you are so adorable and I appreciate all your perserverance in hanging those icle lights in the cold dark. You two were definately made for each other and your work inthe church also speaks volumes to many! People are always telling us neat stories of your works at Longs Chapel and your private devotions together show up too in your thoughtfulness to others.
    Amazing decorations and now ...let the season begin!!!!
    Ilove you, Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing and beautiful!!! A true winter wonderland! The garland truely brings back so many memories. I enjoyed the pics. Can't wait to see them and the blue tree. Now Fines Creek is happy once more!!
    I love you mama

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Leah, I looked at all the pictures of the ligts, trees, house, NY, and all the rest. What an amazing story when you put it all together!! Can't wait to see the house in person! You and David have done an awesome job with all parts of your life. Keep it up and keep Jesus in the middle. I love you.
    Daddy

    ReplyDelete

If you post as Anonymous please sign your name so I know who you are! Thanks for commenting :)