Thursday, October 29, 2009

I couldn't make this stuff up...

Last night at church two of the three Webblett girls (we call them that because they are triplets and their last name is Webb) brought me pictures that they had drawn on the back of their school crossword searches. (This makes me think that they didn't do their work and drew pics for me instead! Only 1/2 of the puzzles were done...opps!).

Anyways, the picture from Gracie had swans, her own made up word search, various little people with heart or star shaped heads, a crying face, and spiderman. By the swan, she had written 'I love Mrs. Leah. She's like a butiful swaun'. The words in the word search were 'Iloveyou', 'UloveMe', 'Man', 'Are', and 'One'. Around the crying face she had written 'Almost cried because I missed u'! At the bottom it read 'S. It's for the words: She's, Swaun, and Spiderman'.

The picture from Jacqueline also had spiderman, a huge S, 'Everyone loves you!!', 'Go Ms. Leah!', and 'I love Ms. Leah'. There was also a spider in a web in the corner.

Now, I asked the girls, 'Um, what's with Spiderman all over my pictures?!?'. They told me that they meant for it to say Spiderwoman. I said 'Yeah, but why am I Spiderwoman'? And Gracie held up her hand in the sign for 'I love You' and said, 'You're Spiderwoman because you shoot love out of your arms, like Spiderman shoots webs out of his'.

If this wasn't enough to get me all teared up, I asked Gracie 'This says you almost cried today. Is that true?' She said 'Yeah, I was at my cubby and I got to missing you real bad so I started crying a little but I stopped it'.

Sometimes I wonder if what I'm doing is really making that much of a difference. I worry if the kids know how much they mean to me, or if I'm impacting them with the grace of Jesus even when they aren't at church. I wonder if all that we do and are at Long's Chapel goes flyin right out of their heads the moment they get in the car.

It's moments like these that God uses to remind me that all of those worries are silly... I'm doing just fine.


Me and the Webbletts at Fall Festival.
Jacqueline is on my lap, Gracie is beside me, and Cathrine is Minnie Mouse (and a super cute one at that).

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What an amazing testimony to the Lord and the radical way in which he is using you! Keep up the contageous spirit and offer them Jesus as I see you doing on Wed. nights as example. I am so blessed to call you daughter. You are making a big ole., big ole , bit ole T for Him(T for teaching the way with love, joy compassion , serving and hope!!!!)
    Mom...Oh and I love you!

    ReplyDelete

If you post as Anonymous please sign your name so I know who you are! Thanks for commenting :)