Monday, June 15, 2009

Home Sweet Home

People keep askin' to see pics of the inside of the house, so here are a few. I guess I've just been waiting to get everything painted and put up... It's gone so much slower than I had anticipated! I was the girl that got her college dorm room in exact perfect condition within the first 36 hours while everyone else was off gallivanting around campus. Then, by the first day of school, I was up and running while all my friends were fighting their way thru boxes. I think we just have way nutty schedules what with my job being practically 24/7 and David having his mowing buisness in addition to his HEMC job, which also has a lot of evening hours...this makes turning our home into 'our home' go slower than we would like! Still, all of this considering, I think we've done pretty well, including outside. We've done a lot of landscaping and flower beds, etc. Not to mention the outdoor stove that we've installed that will heat our house, water, dryer, etc, saving us hundreds of dollars a year!


Here's the chair I redid. It was my grandmothers. I painted it, distressed it, and reupholstered the seat. I think it looks great!



The flash on my camera is so wierd and wouldn't work for this pic, so it's a little dark.
The kitchen and dining room are joined.



The Outdoor Furnice has been a huge project for David, and I am super impressed with him :) Here he is with part of the mini retainer wall he bulit.


And after we poured the concrete for the base, I had never put my handprints in wet cement, so David and I made our mark! It looks different than I expected, but I mean, it's cement, so I'm not sure what I thought it would turn out like! I still love that I finally got to do it, and hopefully this will be here long after we aren't anymore.

2 comments:

  1. the house looks wonderful!! I am really impressed with your jewelry frames, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color you chose for the living room - you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete

If you post as Anonymous please sign your name so I know who you are! Thanks for commenting :)